My Little Ray of Sunshine

Tuesday night my biological father brought a six week old pitbull puppy. She’s just the sweetest thing. She’s a trouble maker who keeps me up at night, but even my parents, who are seemingly oblivious to my depression, have noticed a change in my disposition. I’ve been smiling and laughing much more in the past three days than I have in a long time. 

I find myself waiting for the shoe to drop and my depression to pop it’s ugly head back into my life, but for now I’m feeling what feels like for the first time, actual happiness. 

Ive gotten so little sleep that I don’t feel like I know what that is anymore, but I haven’t woken up angry or annoyed, unless I was getting my ear chewed on that is, I’ve been waking up exhausted, but happy. I have even more responsibility now than I did before but that’s okay. 


Missy has brought so much joy in such a short amount of time, I don’t even know how I was living without her. She’s my little ray of sunshine in the dark abyss that was my world until she came. I can’t wait to watch her grow and see her development but also to see how she helps me grow. 

Comments

Popular Posts