A life to celebrate

Its interesting to sit back and really think about life and all the things that life has given us. I, like most people, find it easy to remember all the negative. Especially considering the fact that I cannot escape some of it. I can't escape the pain or the sadness that comes with it. That is not all that life is made of though. Life has given me an abundant amount of good, if only I allow myself to think about it.
     When is the last time you sat and   thought about what made you laugh recently? I talk to my mom every couple of days, and every single time we talk I laugh. She makes me laugh until I cry, even on my bad days. 
     Looking at my kids makes me smile, most of the time, of course sometimes I just shake my head is disbelief. The moments when I can look at their faces and know that I had a part in creating them, those are priceless moments. When they say 'I love you mom,' or give me a big hug, those are the moments that deserve to be remembered. 
     The more I focus on the good things, the more I dedicate time to enjoying a moment of laughter, the easier the days get. Somehow, the good memories, make the pain lessen and the sadness dissipate. 
     I think it is so important to remember the good in a sea of bad. Try this, choose a time of day, for me it's after everyone is asleep and I'm alone, tell yourself that in that ten or twenty minutes you are going to think about only positive. Focus on the laughter and smiles. Open your heart to embracing these times and letting them outweigh the bad. You will be surprised by how quickly this becomes an all day habit. 

Comments

Popular Posts