An Introduction to Me

Hello! For specific reasons, I would like to keep my name anonymous, hence the reason why I will go by the name is "It Doesn't Matter Much." I am 17 and I suffer from depression, I also have tachycardia, which means my heart doesn't have a regular beating "schedule" and races sometimes causing me to be dizzy and I can't exercise the way a normal teenager would be able to do without a problem of some sort. I also have scoliosis and when I was in grade school I pulled a tendon in my leg that didn't heal properly, but you'd never know unless you saw me stretching.
I was a "miracle child" from the time I was born, the doctors had never seen a baby with so much meconium (or feces) in the lungs and the child live. Let's say I have had a thing for proving people wrong from the time I was born. I've had multiple diseases that have killed many people including: Staph, MRSA Staph (Yes, they are two different things), Strep Throat, H1N1 or "Swine Flu," Fifth Disease (it's a "half-brother" to German Measles, you're only supposed to be able to get it once, I got it twice), among other things. Many of said things doctors didn’t expect me to recover. Now that I'm older and I only go to school one day a week (I attend a charter school) I limit how much I'm around people who are sick and my immune system got a lot better. My mom also has a lot of health problems, she's severely physically disabled (some wonder how she can even walk), she has diabetes, and she's allergic to many things; she's also got other health problems, but that would be too long to list.
When I was thirteen my depression mounted, I went from a "happy go lucky" person who loved everything and everyone (save for a few, we all have someone we don't like) to someone who wore a mask so no one knew the pain behind my smile. I still wear that mask every day, but twice in the past few months my mask has shattered and it's been hard rebuilding it, so to speak, but I'm still that person that everyone comes to for advice, I'm still me. It's just something I have to get used to when I tell someone that I suffer from depression and I'm met with shock. No one expects me of all people to be depressed, but that's how someone who is depressed is, most of the time you will never know unless that person is in such a rut that they have to take off their mask to breathe, so to speak. You'll often find that the one with the biggest smile, who does everything for everyone is usually the person that hurts the most and needs the most love.

Comments

Popular Posts