The Other Parts of my Life

When introducing this blog, I made a promise, that we would sometimes share things about our lives that didn't necessarily have to do with our illnesses.  For myself, that promise was very important.  I know that I have a lot of information and experiences to share regarding MS, but really, it dominates a small portion of my life on most days.  I spend my time, like most of you, taking care of responsibilities and enjoying diversions.  In Alaska, all of the best recreation takes place outdoors.  This past weekend I was able to make the most of some beautiful autumn weather with my daughter and some good friends at Kincaid Park where we walked the trail to the beach and enjoyed a small fire while we socialized and waited for the sun to set.



This was our first glimpse for the beach from the trail at a rest point.

The girls are skipping rocks across the Turnagain arm towards the Kenai Peninsula.

Fire Island: a few minutes after sunset.

On our way back up the beach trail, an adolescent moose blocked our way taking a snack break. 

By the time we got back to the rest point, our young moose friend had worked his way down to the beach.




Comments

Popular Posts