Those days

I am writing late today because well, it was just one of those days. It rained a lot today, which of course caused pain. More than that though I am just tired. I am always exhausted because I rarely sleep, but this was different. Today keeping my eyes open has been such a challenge.
Sometimes even the healthiest person hits a wall and that day comes when they just cannot continue. There is no amount of will power that can keep your eyes open or get you off the couch. In this we are all the same. No matter who you are, what you deal with, you have those days.
I have to remind myself constantly that it is okay to have a day like this. It is okay to just stop for once. I think we are all expected to be continuously busy. There is always something that needs to get done. That thing will still be there in a few hours or even tomorrow. It is perfectly okay to say, "today I can't. "
In a world where everyone is forever on the go, give yourself a day. Allow yourself time to reflect and relax. It is in these moments that we discover the most about ourselves. It is in these moments when we realize what it the most important. I can tell you that it is not the most important thing in the world to clean that floor, that floor will wait. Your kids, your family and even your friends that is what matters the most. The relationships in our life are never guaranteed to be there tomorrow, so take today!!!

Comments

Popular Posts